Category Archives: KVTSC Information
The holiday season is nearly here, and with that, we want to give you advance notice of the KVTSC holiday hours so you can plan appropriately.
Below are the holiday hours the KVTSC office will be observing over the next two months.
- Friday, November 10, 2017 – The KVTSC Office will be closed in observation of Veteran’s Day. We will resume our normal business hours on Monday, November 13th.
- Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th – The KVTSC Office will be closed these two days in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday. We will resume our normal business hours on Monday, November 27th.
- Wednesday, December 20 – The KVTSC Office will close at 2:00 p.m. for the KVTSC Staff Christmas Party. We will resume our normal business hours on Thursday, December 21st.
- Friday, December 22nd and Monday, December 25th – The KVTSC will close at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on Friday and will remain closed on Monday, December 25th in observation of Christmas. We will resume our normal business hours on Tuesday, December 26th.
Monday, January 1, 2018 – The KVTSC Office will be closed in observation of New Years. We will resume our normal business hours on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
We wish each of you a safe and happy holiday season!
Please be advised that the Kansas Department of Revenue (KDOR) has revised their Manual Title Application Form (TR-720b) for Secured, Duplicate, and Reissue Title Applications.
This revision removed language from the instructions that stated that previous versions of the form could be used if it had all the information contained on the new form. The Division also added a place for the IRP/CMV Acct. # and US DOT # below the Name and Address information on the face of the form (instructions are included on the second page).
This revised form can be found on the Division of Vehicle’s website here as well as on the KVTSC Website. To avoid having an application rejected due to the use of out of date form(s), we suggest you regularly check the Division’s or KVTSC’s website to see if the forms you are using have been recently revised.
We recommend you begin utilizing this new form immediately, however the Division will grant a grace period and accept any “old” forms within 60 days of the form’s revision date (9/16).
If you have questions or concerns, please let us know!
The Kansas Department of Revenue (KDOR) has developed a new form titled “Affidavit of Correction, TR-292” which they are requiring customers to utilize anytime they are applying for a correction of a vehicle’s assignment or odometer, whether that be at Kansas Vehicle Title Services Company, KDOR, or County Treasurer Offices. This form replaces any Affidavit of Correction form you may have been using.
This form must be utilized for all Title Correction Applications beginning November 14, 2016. You can find this form on the Division of Vehicles website, here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Since opening in January of this year, Kansas Vehicle Title Services Co, LLC (KVTSC) has been committed to providing its customers with the best possible service. See what one KVTSC customer recently said about KVTSC:
Since the transition from Docking building to here, I just wanted you to know that this is the true meaning of “from night to day”. From the well-lit office to the uplifting attitude of the employees; this is how progress has come to fruition. Thanks to whoever made this possible!
To help us continue improving our services, we would welcome your feedback as well. Please take a couple minutes to complete this short anonymous survey to let us know about your experience utilizing KVTSC and provide suggestions for improvements.
As you know from our communication last month, as of June 1, 2016 the forms you submit to KVTSC must be the most current forms either issued or approved by the Division of Vehicles in order for KVTSC or County Treasurer offices to process your title applications.
Over the past week, we have received several inquiries regarding this new requirement. To help ensure your title work is processed in a timely manner, below are some tips to help you in completing the necessary forms.
- The date next to the signature on all forms must be completed along with the signature on all forms.
- The date of the transaction is important when determining which version of the form must be used. Therefore, KVSTC will use what we are going to call the pertinent date. The pertinent date for each transaction type can be different. Below is how the pertinent date will be determined for each transaction types:
- For transfer of ownership, the date the title assignment is signed is the pertinent date. (i.e., dealer title only, salvage title and junking/nonrepairable certificate.)
- For duplicate/replacement title applications, the date the application (TR-720B) is signed is the pertinent date.
- For mechanic and possessory lien title applications, the date the vehicle was left for repairs or towed is the pertinent date.
- For repossession title applications, the date the vehicle was repossessed is the pertinent date.
- For lien releases, the date the release was notarized is the pertinent date. If the lien release is from an out of state lien holder, the requirements of the jurisdiction in which the lien holder is located are the determining factors for proper forms.
- When the Division of Vehicles revises a form, the previously approved form will still be valid for 60 days following the date the new form was revised.
- KVTSC encourages its customers to use a general power of attorney (TR-41) instead of an authorization (TR-134) for transactions such as, but not limited to, a duplicate/replacement title. This way, if a form needs to be signed and/or corrected, you can act for the owner. Please note that a General Power of Attorney can be copied or faxed, however, a Secure Power of Attorney must be the original or carbon copy page when utilized.
- As mentioned before, please use the Division of Vehicles web page, http://www.ksrevenue.org/forms-dmv.html, to determine the latest form revision dates.
- Except for the title assignment and/or the Odometer Disclosure Statement (TR-59), the name on a form can be either hand printed or typed. Both first and last names are required. Any document with odometer disclosure information will require the buyer and seller to both hand print (not type) and sign their names.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or call 785-215-8430. Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.
KVTSC is open for business! Our office hours are M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
We’ll be updating upcoming news & events regularly right here on our website. If you have any questions in the meantime, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to work with you!